The New Year gives you the opportunity to start fresh in reaching all your health and fitness goals! It’s not all about losing weight; but rather getting to a point where you FEEL happy and healthy; as well as getting into that sexy dress you’ve had your eye on! While it can be tough sticking to your personal health goals, don’t get disheartened. The path to a better you will always have its ups and downs but the victory at the finish line is always rewarding! Here are a few tips to maintain a healthier lifestyle throughout 2014…
1. Inspiration & Motivation: What’s your motivation for a healthier you? Are you lacking energy? Do you want to look better in your clothes? Find out what drives you and use it as inspiration to reach your goals.
2. Gimme More: We’re constantly reminded to drink less soda, consume less sugar, and eat less fatty foods. While that’s beneficial, why not focus on adding something healthy to your lifestyle? How about adding more vegetables to your servings? You’ll get full faster and cut down your calorie intake. Try drinking two extra cups of water a day. Even adding more sleep to your night has its health benefits!
3. Work. It. Out: If you’re trying to lose weight, exercise is definitely needed to help burn calories. When you get back in the gym take it slow at first. As you get into your routine, increase your time and intensity. Incorporating exercise in your normal daily life also helps! Have a dance party while you clean up around the house. Park at a far end of the parking lot to get a few more steps in. Make the parking lot your runway and show off the day’s outfit! If you want a little extra…try out a yoga, spin, or Zumba class.
4. Easy As 1-2-3: We’ve heard it all our lives…eat three meals a day! Most importantly, breakfast. Eating a healthy breakfast will give you more energy, help you make healthier choices, and eat less throughout the day. Snacking every four hours helps keep from feeling hungry. Go for things like nuts, granola and yogurt, a glass of chocolate milk, or fruit and cottage cheese.
5. No One Is Perfect: Even the most dedicated people can get distracted from reaching their goals. We’re all subject to feeling under the weather or being overloaded at work, which interferes with our routine. If you get off track, just think of your motivation and jump back on the wagon. Most importantly, don’t expect to pick up where you left off if some time has passed. You’ll need to get back into the swing of things for your body will readjust. Every day is a new start, so hurry before it’s too late!