The Perfect Curls! We all want to master the art of the voluminous and bouncy curls like those on the red carpet or magazines. But we can never get the curls just right without burning ourselves or having them go flat within 5 minutes of curling them. Here are some tips and steps to achieving the long lasting and voluminous curls!
Let’s get started!
- Make sure the curler is fully heated before beginning the process of those perfect curls! For Big curls I would suggest going with the 1 1/4 ″ inch barrel. This way your curls will come out nice and big.
- Layer it up! Divide your hair into 2 or 3 parts (depending on your hair thickness and length). The easiest way to curl hair is by curling them by small sections within those 2 or 3 parts.
- Before starting, add some mousse on each section of hair that you curl. (tip: don’t add too much mousse, we want bouncy curls not stiff ones! )
- Once the mousse is added to the section you clip the curler onto the top of the section and slide it down to the tips (tip: don’t slide it down too far to where the curler slides entirely off the curler). Then, once the curler has a good grip on the tip of your hair you start rolling it upwards towards the scalp. I would also suggest curling away from the face so that all your curls will turn out even.
- You can slowly uncurl the hair after its been on the curler for about 10 sec. After this is achieved, continue doing it to the rest of your hair. If you feel the need to, you can also add a little hairspray around your curls for the security of those long lasting curls.
Tips: For a more dramatic look and more volume you can tease the root off each strand before curling them. Once you’ve finished curling the strand you can brush out the root just a little to smooth it out and then apply a Volume Root Lifting Spray. Another tip, I would also suggest using a heat protector to prevent hair damage from the heat. You want beautiful curls NOT burnt hair and dead ends. Make sure you don’t burn your hair off either! Burnt hair smell is a HUGE turn off.